Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Teeny Beauty Product Review

Okay so this is gonna be a super short review on a few beauty products I've recently purchased/ gotten as gifts.  I have requests on my tumblr for a skincare/ haircare and makeup routine post which I'm still working on, but for now I hope you enjoy this short review! xx

So I got these two things as gifts, and I have to say I love them both!  For body care I always use either Soap & Glory body butters or The Body Shop body butters because they're so moisturizing, absorb quickly, and are not sticky.  As for the REN gel cream, its used for troubled skin/ acne prone skin.  I've struggled with a lot of deep acne on my forehead over the past year, and it's recently gotten better after my doctor prescribed me a skin medication called clindamycin.  However, after using the medication every night, my skin would get super dry so I would have to use a lot of moisturizer.  Because I also have oily skin, the moisturizer would cause another problem for me and make my skin super shiny.  This product works well because it moisturizes my skin while keeping it matte.  I already see even more of an improvement in my acne and I'm really excited to keep using this product!  I've also stopped wearing foundation and I have found that keeping my skin free of makeup is really helping as well.  

I also received this Bliss Spa Fabulips set which I used last night and this morning and I have to say my lips are feeling and looking great (hehe).  I've always constantly put burts bees lip balm and cocoa butter onto my lips, and they usually aren't dry, but I've found that the lip balm in this set stays on my lips a lot longer and seems to be keeping them even more moisturized.  I like the scrub from this set but I've found that it isn't super grainy, so I mix it with my Lush mint julips sugar lip scrub (pictured below) for a more exfoliating effect.  I had also purchased the Bite agave nectar lip mask last week after using up my sample from sephora because it works so so well.  I use the lip mask after using the Fabulips system at night.

When I style my hair I find that it doesn't have much texture so I had been trying lots of different sea salt sprays hoping that something would help to bring texture into my hair.  I picked up this Drybar mai tai spritzer sea salt spray from sephora and the coco loco sea spray from shore soap co in rhode island.  I use the Drybar spray after I'm done styling my hair, and I keep the shore soap co spray in my bag so I can refresh my hair during the day! x
The Lifestyle Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts